Sunday, June 3, 2012

Raw Vegan Chocolate Brownie Bites

This is another successful recipe from the always cheerful Hannah from wayfaring chocolate. For some reason regular dried dates make me bloated and feel but medjool dates are fine. I got a big box of medjool dates from costo. These are so simple as long as you have a food processor. Whilst they are not as good regular brownies they do a great job of satisfying sweet craving and do have a lovely caramel flavour. I did cheat and use regular chocolate chips though! I'm loving recipes like this and the protein bites are the moment, if you know of similar recipes please point me in the right direction.


I apologise for this picture, it was taken with my phone when I didn't have my camera.

Raw Vegan Chocolate Brownies Bites from Wayfaring Chocolate:

Makes 15 – 20, depending on the size you roll them.

    3/4 cup walnuts or pecans (I used pecans)
    1/4 cup almonds or cashews (I used cashews)
    1 cup Medjool dates, pitted
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    Pinch salt
    2 tb cacao powder
    2 tb raw cacao nibs (or chocolate chips)

In the bowl of a food processor, pulse the nuts until finely chopped.

Add in the dates, vanilla, salt, and cacao powder, and pulse until everything is incorporated and the mixture sticks together when pressed between your fingers. (Depending on how soft your dates are, you may need to throw in a few more to get to this stage.

Tip in the cacao nibs, and pulse briefly to combine.

Roll into balls and store in the fridge or freezer, or share with family and friends and eat all in one go.


3 comments:

  1. wow those look fabulous! i love anything mini! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh golly, thank you for your kind words, K! I'm going to try and remember them the next time I find myself curled up in bed feeling sorry for myself. ;) So glad you liked this recipe too! While I'm a sucker for cacao nibs, using real chocolate must be equally delicious. I'm actually now imagining stirring through some chopped vegan Sweet Williams white chocolate...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I certainly am going to try the recipe, it looks and sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete