Thursday, December 29, 2011

Pina Colada Ice Cream

I've been waiting for an excuse to bring out this pineapple bowl

We got a pineapple in our food co-op a few weeks ago and so after a little googling I come across this recipe on Jeroxie, I didn't have any limes or shredded coconut though so I ended up going with a recipe with only 3 ingredients.

PiƱa Colada Ice Cream from Elana's Pantry


  • 1 (13.5 ounce) can coconut milk
  • ¼ cup agave nectar
  • 1 cup freshly chopped pineapple
  1. Place coconut milk, agave nectar and ½ cup pineapple in a food processor/blender.
  2. Blend thoroughly until smooth and well combined
  3. Briefly blend in remaining ½ cup pineapple, leave texture a little chunky
  4. Place in fridge until its cold.
  5. Process according to the directions of your ice cream maker.
  6. Place in fridge until desire texture
This was so sweet and refreshing, just like a real pina colada without the alcohol. So perfect for the hot weather but be warned it doesn't make much. Well in this household only enough for 2  serves!  I wasn't sure if it would thicken without the arrowroot but it was fine.

Happy New Year everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Good to hear this worked - I have been thinking about a similar recipe I saw for pina colada icy poles for those of us without an ice cream maker - love pineapple - we often just eat it freshly chopped

    ReplyDelete