Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Arlingtons Tapioca Desserts- Vegan Mofo Day 4

I had seen my fellow vegans on twitter in sydney comment on these tapioca desserts but didn't know that they were available here in Melbourne until friends Craig and Bec bought them to my attention and then gave some to us. They found them at Leos in Kew. They gave us 4 flavours to try: coconut, cinnamon apple, passionfruit and raspberry.

The coconut is really creamy,  the passion fruit is sweet but also tangy, the raspberry is slightly tart and the apple cinnamon has just the right amount of cinnamon. I can't decide what my fave flavor is. They are a great serving size but are so addicitive that they didn't last too long in our household. I've had plenty of warm tapioca desserts before but these are cold and just as delicious. Supposed dessert hater Toby enjoyed them too, he said his favourite was coconut. They are pretty natural too and apart from the sugar in them are are almost good for you. You can find out where your closest stockist is by checking their website, only seem to be in nsw and vic at the moment. I'm going to visit Piedimontes soon and stock up on some more and also try a few of their other flavours.  Rika has also blogged about it the passionfruit flavour.Sydney Vegans what is your fave flavour?


10 comments:

  1. PASSIONFRUIT!

    I still have a draft blog post on these sitting there, waiting to be posted and now you've reminded me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are awesome! i am sad my local fruit shop stopped selling them :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehe im glad you found these Arlingtons ones! I introduced that to @vegangela and discovered these in 2010! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll have to keep an eye out for these- we might get them in Canberra in a few years' time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. they've gotta be awesome if you can't pick a favorite. gotta love that! i think i'd like the raspberry the mostest, and like Toby - Dan digs coconuttinesses, too. mmmmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love that they're all so tasty you can't pick a favorite. that rocks the most socks! i love the flavors they offer, too - a tasty variety, fo 'sho!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mandee, you will have to post.

    Vegan Miam, so funny for some one from overseas to introduce them to someone here!

    Erinwiko, you will have to sample on your next Melb/sydney trip.

    Sarah, oh no!


    Jessy, do they have them in us too?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhh, jealous!!!
    I still have to make my own tapioca. Well, maybe I should try some fancy flavours too. :))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay, so glad they're available in MB too! I love these! My favorite is passionfruit - perfect balance of sweet + tart. I haven't had the apple cinnamon though - can't find it anywhere. I'm going to try to replicate these at home at some point...

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are currently on sale for one dollar each at my IGA (Hawthorn Renaissance IGA). The use by date is 2 January but the one I just ate is fine and I'm sure they will keep in the fridge for some time.

    ReplyDelete