Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Plush Pizza- Gluten Free 2


Plush Pizza is a vegetarian pizza, yes all vegetarian!

Back when the vegan fitness guys were in town, we went to plush. Everyone ordered regular chunky pizzas and I had the ben special on a gf base. I love this pesto topped pizza with a touch of balsamic vinegar, tomatoes, red onion, mushrooms and avocado. Thankfully the avocado is not cooked, I hate cooked avocado. Rochelle's friend Andrea also got a gluten free pizza, so we exchanged a few pieces. You can see a half eaten piece of hers on my pic at the top. She got a chunky pizza which comes with all of the regular toppings like tofu, olives, mushrooms etc except for the soy sausages which aren't gf. It's like a regular pizza with everything on it except it also has gherkins on it. I also enjoyed it but missed the sausages. As much as I love the ben special, it's good to have a bit of variety so was thankful that she wanted to share!

As for the gf bases, I think I was perhaps a bit harsh on my last post. I'm not sure if they were just having a bad day the last time with their bases, or if my tolerance for gf bases has changed but their gf bases were fine. They are quite thin but didn't have quite the undercooked feel that I remembered. I will aim to go back again before they sell their premise which likely won't be until at least the end of the year.

I don't think there has been any other reviews since last year when Carla, Steph and Cindy blogged about it.

By the way, if you google plush pizza then this site comes up, plush pizza, literally!

85 Burwood Rd
Hawthorn
9819 1188
 

No comments:

Post a Comment