Sunday, May 1, 2011

Crunch Cafe, Thornbury



I got an email from a thoughful person called Jo, who told me about another place where I can find breakfast which is both gluten free and vegan. So I arranged to meet Bec and Troy there a few weeks ago to give it a go. Crunch is a smallish omni cafe with a couple of tables outside and several inside. They have one large vegan breakfast option, which we all had, to make mine gluten free they simply had to subsitute the toast for gluten free toast. It comes with spinach, tomato, generous serve of avocado, black beans and smoked tofu. The smoked tofu was delicious and I was pleased to see black beans on a breakfast menu but the flavouring of the beans and spinach was a tad bland and could do with some extra herbs. It was easily fixed though with some extra salt and pepper and lots of lemon squeezed over it. It was filling, full of protein (for Toby) and I'm super grateful for another place in the northern suburbs where I can enjoy a large vegan and gluten free breakfast, because lets face it I'm not the easiest to feed at breakfast time. They also have a few gluten free desserts and my favourite Charlie's juice available.

Toby's long black rating: 7/10.



I think crunch is a relatively new cafe, so haven't seen many reviews apart from the coffee guide.

Crunch Cafe
669 High St
Thornbury

4 comments:

  1. That looks like such a good breakfast for us gleegans!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds great - I love any brekkie with smoked tofu

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a yummy breakfast, I really like the idea of avocado on a breakfast plate, I've never seen that here.

    ReplyDelete