Saturday, July 11, 2009

Happy Tuna Salad meets Jacket Potatoes

I heart jacket potatoes, I don't know why we don't make them more often. The other day I decided to combine the chickpea based Happy Tuna Salad with jacket potatoes and it rocked. I then added some cheddar cheezly to the top. My only complaint was that it was quite dry and so next time I might add some tofutti cream cheese or sour cream.



We had some of the potato/happy tuna salad filling leftover so I decided to fry them into patties which worked really well, I didn't even have to add oil.



What are you fav jacket potato combinations?

2 comments:

  1. We love putting sauteed veggies, guacamole and vegan sour cream on jacket potatoes but we don't make them nearly often enough either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was omni and living in London, my favourite jacket potato filling was tuna/mayo and cheese. Last week I made Cindy's anchovy dip and used it as a baked potato filling and it was AWESOME. Hits all the right notes. Sometimes I do a tempeh tuna salad, but mostly with baked potatos I'm lazy and just eat it with beans on top, maybe some tofutti or vegan cheese with it. Man I love jacket potatoes.

    ReplyDelete